Friday, October 2, 2009

I quit. But then -

We've made a few short movies here and there, and... it's a lot of work.  Though we shot "I Am Jesus" in 3-4 hours, it took weeks to align everybody with our location and our time frame.  And let's not forget the writing, preproduction, post production, the marketing, blah blah blah blah blah.

Extrapolate that out, 11 pages to 90 pages, and you're looking at a significant chunk of time.  So faced with that, with Christmas coming up and other expenses on the horizon...

I quit.

Call me a coward.  I just don't think making it half way to being done is the same as Success.  So instead of pushing forward, with a very real possibility of not making it, I postponed shooting my zero-budget feature.  It's not good form to get people involved, then pull the plug because of time or money or whatever.

So yeah, big quitter.  That's me.  But then?

Talked to Maurice Moore, a director/producer friend of mine in Los Angeles.  Said "Hey, you know anyone that would be interested in shooting a zero-budget film?"

He said "Yeah.  I would."

In the interest of making a long story short, I won't mentioned that he liked the script, that his people liked the script, etc.  We'll just report that Maurice is now gathering a team of LA-based talent to shoot Sixufus.

And ya know?  This may be a better ending than the one I had envisioned.

As we work through pre and post production, we'll be posting reports and film clips and whatnot here, so....

No comments:

Post a Comment