Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Why this is hard (aka, who we are)

Just to clarify, in case someone wondered:  This isn't a full time job.  No.  I'm just another middle-aged maniac fighting off mid-life crisis by taking out one of his "I should do that someday"'s and dusting it off.

My real job (ie., the biggest time sink) is as a software developer.  Just another cube dweller in the bowels of a huge corporation, exchanging his time for the payola to support the wife, kid, and a suburban lifestyle.

Trying to make a movie in my "spare time", such as it is.  Between staff meetings, deadlines, Boy Scouts, mowing the lawn, walking the dog.

Can I quit my day job to do this full time?  No way Jose.

But I'm OK with that.  This way, there's no great loss if it never gets finished, nor great expectations if it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment