Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Pre-production: Concept, Part 2

So how do you make a feature-length movie with little or no money?  'Spen done and written about, most famously by Robert Rodriquez.  Basically, you use what you have, beg and borrow what you don't.  Production resources, I'm talking about.  

With that in mind, started thinking about the cheapest kind of production you can have.  Or I could have, specifically. Minimum locations for starters (so you don't spend time carting your equipment all over the planet).  Mostly interior (so you're not slave to the weather or the time of day).  Small cast (so you don't... OK, you're getting it).  Zero number of things I can't do myself, like model and animate Godzilla, or shoot at the Eiffel Tower.

And still be interesting to watch.  

Taking all those factors, and then munging them whilest I slept, I concluded that we should do something noirish.  You know; crime & punishment, passion, bad guys and bad girls with guns and lethal weapons, and a lot of money involved.  With a psychological angle.  (Hey, I majored in Psychology in school.  That needs to pay off somehow.)

So that's how Sixufus was born.  

[Well, if you want to get technical, "Sixufus" was just a word that popped in my head while driving to Starbuck's one morning.  Wasn't quite awake yet, really.] 

Up next:  What's Sixufus, and how far along are we? 

No comments:

Post a Comment