Thursday, September 17, 2009

Preproduction: Morphing into a production monster

Finished draft 2 of the Sixufus script, and have handed it off to someone I respect.  Which means now I have to to take that deep breath before plunging into production mode.

For me, this means shifting out of creative hermit mode and into my Columbo-ish production weenie mode.  Time to poke the people I know (and some I don't) for stuff.  For free stuff.  For time, for locations, for talent, for equipment.  To beg and plead, cajole, and otherwise make a nuisance of myself in the name of Art.  My art.  Let me be clearer:  For me, this part is more squeam-inducing than any other part of the production process.  Despite my ironclad convictions of the value and worth of this project, I still hate to impose, hate to convince others to give me stuff, for free, to make it happen.

For this project, I'm just asking for time and assets.  Imagine how I'd feel if I had to ask for millions of dollars.

This is why I'm not a salesman.

So if you see me coming your way, and I ask you, in my mealy-mouthed manner, for some item or location or talent?  Have mercy my friend.  This is not my best role.

No comments:

Post a Comment