Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Preproduction: Concept, Part 3

Getting back to concept.  Thought about a lot of different things, but noir seems more my style, personally.  Love Raymond Chandler's stuff, and look at Mind Reader 8.

So, where are we?  1) Zero budget (priority one), 2) Minimal locations and actors, 3) Compelling; never seen before.

If we think further along the lines of being minimal:  Back in the old days (ie., Hellenistic Age), actors would cover their faces so they could play multiple parts.  So what if we get people to play more than one role?

First, thought "is this like a variety show?"  Our actor sings, then dances, then does a dramatic reading?

Hm.  Doesn't really play to my strong suit, really.  Meaning it would take me longer and I'd probably wish I'd spent my time doing something more interesting.

But the idea is compelling enough to explore a bit.  How to get one actor to play a lot of roles...

Hey, what about split personality, a.k.a., "Dissociative identity disorder"?!

So there ya go.  A noir-ish piece about a guy or gal with multiple personalities.  Add something of value that our characters are willing to do ANYTHING for (ie, loads of cash), and now we've got... Sixufus.

Next:  The script.  (Or maybe something else.  Don't hold me to that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment